Over recent years many Australian Citizens have opted for living and working overseas. Australian Expats options back home for property ownership and investment are not limited purely because of their new address. Rather, hundreds and thousands of Aussie Expats continue to enjoy the benefits and growth opportunities of investing back home. Contact us today for a free comprehensive quote.
At Sherlock Holmes Lending Solutions we specialise in sourcing loans for new migrants, in particular loans for those on 457 Visas. These borrowers, along with many other classes of VISA holder, including Spouse Visas, Temp Visas, Student Visas, and Medical Practitioner Visas can enjoy the rewards of owning and investing in property in Australia, with many of the same loan features as their Australian Resident counterparts.
Foreign Investment in Australian Real Estate continues to grow, largely due to the security and growth of Australian Property. For foreign investors looking to acquire new property in Australia, or buy an existing property for re-development or to even purchase property to house a substantial business they operate on Australian shores, the team at Sherlock are experienced and well equipped to assist.
- You are an Australian Expat – ie. Australian citizen living and working overseas
- You are a New Zealand citizen
- You are a foreign citizen living overseas
- You are a foreign citizen living in Australia and hold one of the following visas:
- Working Visa
- Spouse Visa
- Temp Visa
- Student Visa
You may be required to obtain FIRB approval. In addition to the abovementioned Visas there are several sub-classes of Visa that also qualify. Please feel free to call our office or send in a free quote request to see if you are eligible for non-resident loans.
- Your residency status
- The conditions of your Visa
- Lender specific credit policy
- Mortgage Insurers requirements
In most cases non-resident loans are eligible for all of the same loan features as Australian citizens – some of these include:
- Interest only options up to 15 years
- 100% Offset
- Internet & Phone Banking
- Professional Pack Rate Discounts
- Construction Loans
- Fixed rate loan options
- Extra repayments
- Max Loan term 30 years
- Minimum loan size: $100,000
- Maximum loan size: No limit
- Maximum LVR: Varies depending on your situation – up to as high as 95%
- Interest only: up to 15 years maximum
- Fixed rates: Available
- Loan term: 30 years maximum
- Professional package discounts: Available
- Construction home loans: Available
- Extra repayments: Available
- Redraw: Available
- 100% offset: Available
- Internet banking: Available
- Max LVR: 80%
- Interest only: – 1-5 years
- Max Loan Amount: $1million max borrowing at 80% LVR
- Max Loan Amount: $1.5million max borrowing at 75% LVR
- Max Loan Amount: Up to $3million max borrowing at 65% LVR
- Supporting documents for income evidence:
- Low Doc Declaration
- Accountants Letter
Country of residence subject to lender policy.
- Investment properties: In most cases the Australian government will allow non-residents to acquire investment property on the condition that it is a new property.
- Home (owner occupied): If you are looking to buy a home to live in then you may be able to buy an established property. You will however be required to sell the property upon your Visa expiration and departure from Australia
- Vacant land (investment): In most cases the Australian government will allow non-residents to buy vacant land on the condition that construction of a dwelling on the land begins within 1-2 years.